Monday, May 23, 2011

Quick hit!



Those yummy pizza puffs I posted about last week have become a huge hit in the Bacon house! I've made 4 batches since then. Each one has been gobbled up just as fast as the first. I decided to get creative and think of other ways to make these great treats. A quick one that I wanted to share is the ham and cheese rolls.

These were just as easy as the pizza puffs to make. I made the basic pizza dough recipe once again. this time when I divided it out I made the dough balls slightly bigger - about 1.5" instead of the 1" I used with the pizza puffs. This time instead of rolling them into circles, I kept them more rectangles. Then I laid down a piece of cheese, co jack is one of our favorites! And added some black forest ham on top.



I started from one end and roll it up. I pinched the ends together to seal it so the cheese wouldn't run out while it baked. Popped them in a 400* oven for about 10 minutes again.



HEAVENLY. These almost beat out the pizza puffs, I like them so much. Mr. Bacon of course said he loves them both. The kids dug into them as well! They don't take much time to make which I love and they make a great lunch. I also decided to go ahead and freeze some of these and some pizza puffs. Guess what, they work great that way too. I took out a frozen one and microwaved it for 30 seconds for a warm treat. I can see Mr. Bacon having lots for a late night snack! I'm going to keep using the dough recipe to come up with more winners. I'm thinking some homemade pigs in a blanket are in order for the kids soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment